The Coach House Museum
Ludstone artifacts preserved
The Coach House Museum was opened in 2008, following an extensive refurbishment of the building which was originally erected by Joseph Round Cartwright in 1873.
The museum is home to a large collection of artefacts and memorabilia relating to Ludstone Hall, including many items left by the previous owner, the late Mr George Ferguson. There are also a number of items which were presented to Mr and Mrs Smith by the late Mr Edward Naylor, who was the great grandson of Joseph Round Cartwright, owner of Ludstone Hall from 1870 to 1910. These include Mr Round Cartwright’s cuff links and a selection of pictures.
Also on display are examples of the many artefacts that have been dug up at Ludstone over the years, including a collection of bottles, bullets, coins etc.
A section of the museum is devoted to Mr and Mrs Keith Smith’s family history and this includes a display devoted to their successful business ventures, Hootys Supplies and Poundland Ltd.
The Coach House Museum is open to the public on the annual Gardens Open Day, which is held in July each year.